Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Leek and Potato Soup

Not quite as cold this morning, but still no sunshine.





















 Only two people for class.  Very quiet.


 When Tina and Anita left I made a quick trip down to Wegmans to
get some leeks and organic chicken broth so I could make a pot of soup.
The recipe is so simple.  1/3 potatoes 1/3 leeks 1/3 chicken broth.
I used 6 cups of each.



After everything was nice and soft I put it in a food processor and transferred it to a clean pot.  Then I added milk, a little salt, pepper and extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Secret ingredient....1 big squirt of honey mustard.
It was curtains for the amaryllis plant today.
 I dumped 4 blossoms and put the last two directly in water.



 We had a Town Board Workshop tonight....
and I finally got to taste the soup at 8:30.
Delicious.
Night all.


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

I did the same with one amaryllis blossom. The soup, will try it this winter, love the food processors, they make it so smooth.

Val Ewing said...

We've had another string of dull days, but at least I know I can come here and view some sunny ... as in cheery photos!