Followers

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Testing....Testing

I broke down and got a small point and shoot camera today.  A Canon PowerShot A2500 (for months I have been using a Canon PowerShot SX10IS as all my pocket cameras, about 7, have been abused and died).  It's been a real pain to carry it in a big camera bag everywhere I go, especially to the barn in this cold weather.  I have posted photos from both cameras.  Can you tell the difference in the picture quality?  Where did I start with the point and shoot?  My cold does not seem quite as bad as yesterday, although I am still coughing.  After chores I shoveled the driveway and then went shopping for a few presents along with a new pair of Muck Boots for me.
It's been several days since we've had a beautiful sunrise.

















 Look at that temperature!  A real heat wave.






 Gary had a meeting tonight so we had a quick dinner.   Baked chicken with caramelized onions, peas and a carrot/apple/craisin salad.  I also had a little cranberry orange relish on the side.
Off duty.
Night all.

9 comments:

Dreaming said...

I can't seem to tell the difference between photos. None stand out as being poor quality, in my mind.
Brrrr... it's cold - but at least you have the sun.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Can't tell the difference in any photos. They all look good.

Take a rest and feel better tomorrow.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Lori I love my little Canon point n shoot in this cold weather and mingling with the cows. I notice no difference. Great shots. Hug B

Nancy J said...

Just a calculated!! guess, from & including #7, the light seems brighter, and contrast better. Not to say any other earlier photos were not great, they all are, every single one, every day. I, too would have a P&S, so much easier in the extreme cold, and in a pocket much better. Muck Boots, you have so many choices of style compared with what we have here, they are great. Cheers, Jean.

YourSpecialDog said...

Cold cold cold , the photos are beautiful as allways , tasty dinner

Laura said...

I think your photos came out just great… I love the one with light along upper edge of the horses face…beautiful!

Michaele said...

I am really impressed with the camera!

Val Ewing said...

I use point and shoots a LOT because they are so much more handy.
I started out with a tiny weather proof one which I still carry.

Larger cameras are a pain to carry around doing chores and a pocket camera allows you to take more candid shots than otherwise.

It isn't the camera that makes the photo, it is the person operating it!

C-ingspots said...

Wow, you've got so much snow! Sorry you've got a cold, but I guess it's the season for that. I can't tell which pics are which, they all look nice. I especially like the one of the bay mare (Berlin?) looking away, her head all ensconced in warm breath. Very nice. And of course, I'm a bit partial to adorable Moon. She's so cute!! Feel better real soon!!