Followers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

WE ARE ON A "DINNER" ROLL

 It was 53 degrees this morning.  Wore sweats.


Gary went out to the garden bright and early so he could get enough tomatoes to make sauce.
 Then I went out and picked a basket of veggies for Margay and Ulpi, who invited us to dinner.
 By 10:15 we were in the village.
 I went to the farm market...Gary went to Java.
 bought leaf lettuce...that's all.
 Jen stopped at Java for coffee...
 and came up to the farm around 1 to help with some chores.  She drove Gary down to the
Welcome Center where he worked a double shift (2-6) and I eventually went swimming.

 The late afternoon sun was gorgeous in Tina's gardens.

 Home in time to grab the dogs....
 so we could go out and do evening chores.  Abbe was filthy!!!!!!

 Had to scrape the dirt off.

 Left the farm a little before 6....

 Picked up Gary at the Welcome Center and we were a couple blocks from our dinner.
 Ulpi and Margay were busy cooking when we arrived.  Rosie was there too.

 It was a perfect night to eat out on the patio.



 The dinner was splendifferous as usual.






 How about this spectacular dessert!!!! Peach shortcake.
Time to get off my feet.
Night all.

7 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Night time temps in the 50s? Sweats? I am so jealous!! Still sweating up here.

Terry said...

We're in the mid 40s at night, but it warms up quickly.
That peach shortcake looks delish!

Jill said...

That peach shortcake looks incredible!!! Actually everything does. As usual! Your photos are gorgeous. Abbe reminds me so much of our Oracle. Always getting dirty and full of mischief.

C-ingspots said...

Those temps sound good to me, especially the sweats in the eve or the morning. Our heatwave is thankfully over, we're back in the low 80's with overnight in the low 60's - nice sleeping weather. I have to say, I should never, ever visit your blog when I haven't eaten...everything looks absolutely wonderful, especially the peach shortcake!! Fresh peaches are my favorite summer treat, ever!! You do eat well...I'm just sayin'. My days are like yours in at least 1 way - begin with chores and end with chores. I like that. Just seems right. Your grey mare looks a lot like my Ladde. Beautiful!!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Everything looks delicious as usual.

I'm happy the temps are cooling down a bit, hope it continues. Abbe was probably celebrating with a good roll. The flies are still horrible by us so maybe she was getting them off.

Birdman said...

My sunflowers are ready to BURST! Can't wait.

Sharon Creech said...

Once again you leave me salivating. . . what a colorful and tasty post . . .