Followers

Monday, August 6, 2012

MY KIND OF WEATHER...

 It was not quite 60 when I woke up this morning.
 Crisp and clear....everything is back to green.
 When the pups and I went out to the barn....
 The girls were still out in the pasture.
 Didn't have it in me to go swimming before physical therapy...too chilly (can you believe it?).
 When I got there, the parking lot was full.

On the way home I went to Wegmans, then drove Gary into Rochester for an appointment with one of his docs.  On the way back we stopped at the lab, picked up a perscription and treated ourselves to an ice cream cone at Esther's.  This was the kids size after a couple of bites.
 Made a salad for dinner that's a little different.  A friend from France would make this and I stole her recipe.
 I chopped up tomatoes, a pepper, some onion and a couple slices of Swiss cheese.
 added some corn and mixed it all with salt, pepper and Russian Dressing.

 While I did the chores, baked some BBQued drumsticks and a couple of baked potatoes.



Yum!

I'm so ready for this kind of weather.  It is energizing.
Night all.

7 comments:

Dreaming said...

Your weather sure seems like it has been on a roller coaster.
Ya know... I always get so hungry just looking at your food pictures!

Michelle said...

I am totally making this salad.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

That salad looks very tasty! It's similar the southwestern salads that are popular out here with the corn and creamy dressing. You got below 60 last night?? Siously envious! We are in the midst of the hottest week all year. Lows last night near 70F.

Terry said...

Love corn, love tomatoes, would surely love that salad!

Brett said...

too chilly to go swimming? what happened to that Swedish blood? 60 degrees is perfect for therapy in the pool.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looks like a great day. Now pass that I Scream cone
Benny & Lily

C-ingspots said...

It all sounds just lovely! I might have to try that salad too, looks tasty! We've had (another) unusual summer here as well. Wetter than normal (which is a lot) spring, mild summer, then into the 100's and now we're in the lower 80's. My hubby has his second cold of the summer! But, overall nothing to complain about! My favorite weather is fall with cool, crisp days filled with plenty of sunshine and dig out your jacket evenings! Sounds heavenly, but we always know the monsoons are just around the corner. Best to enjoy today for what it has to offer. :)