Followers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

MELTING AGAIN....

 The morning was not too bad.  Did chores and went to the pool....dropped Gary off at Java.
 He got a ride home so I took the back roads on my way back to the farm.  Could not get my camera out fast enough to take a shot of a beautiful fawn.
 By then, it was roasting and I plunked myself down in front of a fan for the rest of the afternoon.
 Did any of you happen to catch this 10,000 meter race?  One of the most impressive events I've seen at the Olympics.  Two participants (Great Britain and USA) trained together and came in 1st and 2nd...coming from behind.  Tried to stay cool and dragged myself out to do evening chores.

 Picked up Jenny at 6 and the three of us went to an anniversary celebration at the college.

 Our friends, Carol and Topper, were given a gigantic party by their two daughters and their families.












 Below is Mary D......she sat at our table and was Jenny's kindergarten teacher.  What are the chances of hooking up like that over 37 years later?
 The food was spectacular...




 Do you like Gary's outfit?  He can't get pants over his boot.



 A great evening with a beautiful family and over 100 of their closest friends.


Home by 9:30, ready to crash.  Still SO HOT out.
Night all.

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Gary's pants, !!! reminds me of a friend , when his daughter was getting married, he had a HUGE cast on his leg, they cut the side seam open, this was a special dress suit bought for the occasion some time before, loaded him into an ambulance then wheelchair for the ceremony, then back to hospital,close up pics, they hid all the cast and chair..What a wonderful party and surprise?? Cheers, Jean.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I hope you get cooler weather soon!

Mimi Foxmorton said...

What fun!

Seriously loving the sunflower arrangement. The purple sets it off just perfectly!

And petite fours! So many memories of those!

Have a lovely week.

Mimi
The Goat Borrower

Birdman said...

LOVE the knees. I'm investing in a kilt coming up real soon.

Unknown said...

Reminds me of something Ann did for me over forty years ago. I'd busted my left knee quite badly , so Ann opened up the outer seam on the left leg of three or four of my trousers then sewed tapes on them so I could put the trousers on over the full length cast, tie the left leg tapes together and you'd hardly realise there was anything wrong with me breeches.