Followers

Friday, August 31, 2012

GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER...





 A beautiful morning.
After chores I ran down to Weggies to pick up a couple things.  Got a call from a friend visiting from North Carolina and he will be coming over for dinner.

Gary had a Physical Therapy appointment and I had grand intentions about spending that time at 
Agape's.  It was so gorgeous, my car drove me over to the pool instead.
 Mary Pat and her daughter Kate were there too.

 Went back to pick Gary up and all these geese were next to the parking lot.

 Set the table and worked on dinner before going out to do chores.

 Ted arrived around 4, and while I was out in the barn he and Gary drove down to the Lift Bridge
to pick up his Buffalo News.
 I attempted to reproduce Jenny's Bolognase sauce and it turned out great.

 We certainly had a lot of laughs during dinner.




 Dessert was fresh fruit.
 Had another blossom today.
Night all.

5 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Great dinner, great company... it doesn't get any better than that. ...and you can't beat a good bolegnese sauce.

Michaele said...

Good gosh I love the colors of that room (and the beautiful people in it)

Martine said...

Hi Lori I'm an occasional visitor :-)
Annette at Aspen Meadows suggested I ask if you've got a recipe for pickled garlic. My garlic grew well this year, and I'm preserving it before I move to France at the end of the month. I've used a recipe I found on epicurious (French pickled garlic) and another one found via google.fr (love this one, "Put garlic in sterilised jar. Cover with olive oil. Seal" Can it really be that easy?)
I'd love to try a recipe that comes with a recommendation, so if you have one I'll give it a go.

Sharon Creech said...

We had a geese convention here, too, the other day. Love that golden hibiscus!

Gayle said...

I love the last photo of Jenny.... it's so happy and stress-free.

Laughs, good food and friends...sounds wonderful!