Followers

Monday, August 27, 2012

BIRTHDAY DINNER (NUMBER 7)

 The garlic is waiting to be planted...let's hope Gary is out of his boot and able to work in his garden by October when it needs to go in the ground.
 Did chores and managed to get an appointment for Gucci at 10am.  Her ears are still bothering her.
I have spent a fortune over the past 5 weeks and hope we have finally solved the problem....poor pup.

As if I have not been out for meals a lot lately....Sally and Judy treated me to a birthday lunch at
the Garland.  Thank you friends, for taking such good care of me!  Delish.

 As for dinner number 7....Jenny cooked for us tonight.
 I made a quick peach and nectarine "betty".
 Set the table and went out to do evening chores.  It rained most of the afternoon....
 and you know who rolled in the arena.


 So what did we have?
 Chicken Marsala...
 crusty bread....

 mashed potatoes...
 and I made Jenny my new favorite beet salad.  This time I added apples instead of oranges and toasted almonds instead of walnuts.  Equally fine!!!!



 (interesting photo by Finn, who was on a stool looking down)
 The dessert was light and yummy.

Meanwhile out in LV, Ariana and Daniella had the first day back to school.
 They both had a good day.
Night all.

8 comments:

Brett said...

Hi Lori. Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wish Annette and I could have been there for dinner. It looked wonderful.

Cloudia said...

Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=
> < } } ( ° >

Terry said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope Gary gets out of the boot very soon.

Nancy J said...

Birthday Greetings from NZ. Looks like you had a great day, lovely meal, and as well the garlic looks great. Muddy horses, the less said the better. Cheers from Jean.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like a grand one...but almost every day there seems like your birthday, eh? :-D

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Happy Birthday Lori! I love your pie plate and that peach Betty looks yummy. The whole dinner looks wonderful. I'm reading this on my lunch at work and my stomach is talking to me big time. Jen made you an amazing meal - and the salad and dessert look darn good too.

Michaele said...

Happy Birthday to you! I have garlic envy so bad it's a sin.

Unknown said...

We wish you many happy returns of the day.
I think a great future as a photographer awaits Finn.