Followers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"DINNER" ROLL NUMBER 3

 What a gorgeous morning.  Clear, bright....crispy.


Only three people for class today...



 Before she left, Tina picked all kinds of goodies from the garden.
 The temperature was up after lunch so I went over to the pool.
 The water was 86 degrees and felt great.



 Home around 4 and did chores at 5 as we were invited out to dinner for the 3rd night in a row.
 On the way, we stopped at a store and I had to take a photo of this pup.
 His name is Milo and he goes everywhere with his owner.

 We arrived at the Klines at 6:30.  Brenda and Al were already there.

 We try to get together once a month and have top shelf dinners.
 Annette and Brett (and everyone else) you would have loved our first course.  Gazpacho garnished with cucumber sticks and asparagus topped with an egg mixture.  Off the charts.  We also had a couple of outstanding cheeses and rice crackers.
 I made my debut with a new salad.
 Started off with leaf lettuce.
 Topped it with homemade pickled beets, orange slices, caramelized walnuts, chives and
gorgonzola cheese.
 The dressing was olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard.  I will definitely make this again.
 The main course was a pork loin with an unbelievable gravy...
 Mashed potatoes, green beans and homemade applesauce.
Fresh cherry pie for dessert.
You had to be there......
Night all.

5 comments:

Cloudia said...

Sorry you're getting spam comments. . . but console yourself with your wonderful life at Skoog Land, Dear


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=
> < } } ( ° >

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I had popcorn for dinner. There is something wrong with this picture! The appetizer looks good but what really made me drool was your salad. It had all my favorite things.
Is that an apple tree that Berlin and Abbe were grazing under?
Pool water at 86F would be heaven for me. Brett would hate it. He likes it at 78. Brrrrr. We compromise and keep ours at around 82.

Nancy J said...

Wow, the pool was warm,horses Ok, and what a meal, a lovely idea to get together and share goodies. top Class indeed. Cheers, Jean. p,s, how are the comments going, I hope so much better now.

C-ingspots said...

Oh my word - will I never learn!!?? Haven't even had breakfast yet, now I'm starving!! Everything looks delicious! Might have to steal your salad recipe and give that a go...but that cherry pie really looks good!! :) Glad you had a nice time, looks like a busy day.

Sharon Creech said...

I'll have one of those salads and a slice of cherry pie, please.