Followers

Friday, August 24, 2012

"DINNER" ROLL NUMBER FIVE AND COUNTING




 Lily loves to catch morning naps on this chair.

 On my way to Agape this morning I dropped Gary off at the Welcome Center and looked for Wilson and Polo (you met them yesterday) who had camped there last night.  At 8 they went over to Val's for breakfast and by the time I arrived they had packed up and taken off.  Back at the Farm I had prepared them a food care package and was very disappointed when I could not give it to them.
Found out they had left 10 minutes earlier so I drove down Canal road to see if they could be found.
Success!  I beeped them down at the Sweden Walker Road bridge.  Wilson carries about 80 pounds of gear on his bike and he had to take out and repack to fit everything in.  (Carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, cucumber, PB and J sandwich, peach, nectarine and tiny dog biscuits for Polo).
 He's on his way to Maine and will work his way back home by December 31st.  So glad we met.
A very interesting human being (and Polo is one special pup).

 Did you know that the New York State Canal system is 534 miles long?  230 towns along the way.
 The bike path is fabulous.

Got over to Agape and worked out...
 before jumping into Christina's World....
 and the pool.



 Today I was joined by Mary Pat, Tina and DJ.  Perfect conditions.
 Nap time during the afternoon, then chores.

 Gary picked more stuff out of the garden today.  We are loaded!

 Tonight ten of us decided to have dinner at the Brockport Country Club, which opened with new owners in March.  We knew of the chef and were looking for a local place with decent food.
 I called ahead and they set up a table for us in a little alcove we had to ourselves.
 A couple of people tried the clam chowder.  Good!  Check.
 Kelly and Jim were there for the first time too.
 Delicious salad...
 Great beer battered fish fries.  Above a full serving, below a half.  Generous.  Check.
 Linguini and clams... check.
 Chicken parm.  Gigantic portion.  Check.
 Scallops...
 Broiled haddock...
 more scallops with a nice rice dish.


 They have done a great job with the space and the food.  We would go back.
Nice job Chef Jeff Emmerson.
 Kelly and Rocco were there sending a big "hello" to our daughter Steph.
Night all.

6 comments:

Birdman said...

I'll look for that biker and pooch in Portland next week. hahahaha Well, I might see them!

Sharon Creech said...

What bounty - in your garden and at the restaurant!!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

In our younger days, Brett and I would have loved biking that path.

Victoria Cummings said...

I love that pool! Hope Gary is doing well with his PT. The bounty from your garden is even more impressive considering how you two weren't in your usual shape for digging in the dirt and weeding. My garden is sad and overgrown this year. Good thing we have some farm stands nearby. I'm sure your new traveling friend appreciated the welcome you gave him!

Jim said...

A busy day for sure Lori! I can imagine how thankful Wilson was to see you with all those goodies....and Polo too! We had a cat by that name.
And you have succeeded in making me very hungry too with the display of all that food! YUM!

Oh yes, that canal system looks to be a cyclists paradise! What a trip that would be.

Terry said...

I hope Abbe doesn't knock the barn down!
I love Wilson's teddybear figurehead.