Followers

Monday, August 24, 2026

Unloading

Little Wonder and I were up before 7 doing our morning thing.  It was downright cold in the kitchen.
In the meantime, Daniela was getting ready to start her new job today at Northwestern.  On Friday she finished at Wisconin, moved and had her whole apartment set up over the weekend.  She took me on a tour and it's perfect for her.
I checked the caps on the dill pickles and all were sealed, so I put them away to age for awhile.
This is what I made with the leftover cucumbers... my own brine....sweeter.

Grabbed a shower and was down at the chiropractor's office by 10.
Big Bertha adds such peace to the space.
On the way home I stopped to buy some new pot holders as we really finished ours off yesterday.  Could not find any and ended up with two nice mitts. Had the rest of the pickled beets for lunch and decided to take advantage of the leftover juice and am making some pickled onions.
Gary went down to Jenny's to finish painting her kitchen and I started dumping more papers from my file cabinets.  Took forever.
And look what I found from the dark ages.  I'm always the short one.  I still have those long white kid gloves.  This was in the early 60s.

How about this one?  We used to have an Old English Sheepdog named Spanky.  Steph and Jenny spent a lot of time with their friends....Adam, Emily and Annie.
And finally this one...We were at an event with Hillary and had a chance to talk to her for awhile.  The colors in this photo are pretty strange....we look so burned.
Gary did not get home until after 5:30 and we ended up having meatloaf sandwiches and leftover Mac salad.


Night all.

 



No comments: