7am...and the light was beautiful.
Gary went down to Jenny's to help paint her kitchen. Little Wonder and I went out to the Studio for awhile.
What's so ironic about today? Last year on August 23rd we were making dill pickles. Today we did it again. I started off sterilizing all the jars.
Aside from checking on my computer, was pretty busy much of the day.
I washed two pecks of cucumbers and
Gary peeled the garlic when he got home. Also picked some fresh dill.
Jenny was coming to help late afternoon and by then we were in pretty good shape,
First, we put some dill, 4 cloves of garlic and peppercorns in 24 jars.
Then we cut and packed the cucumbers. This year I made a few jars of slices instead of all spears.
It took a LOT of brine to fill these jars.
Gary has a two burner propane stove that we put out on the kitchen porch and that is where the processing is done so the house does not get hot. Unlike last year, the temperature really dropped and it started to rain.
It took awhile since we only did 6 quarts at a time.
We were finished a little after six and sat down to a green salad, which we topped with
macaroni salad. So good.
We are all going to sleep well.
Night all.
PS
I love this photo Jenny just shared with me. When she went to Germany to visit Sabine she took along Brockport t-shirts for her, her daughters and Mom. What a beautiful family.

























No comments:
Post a Comment