Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

New Class

Little Wonder did not make me get out of bed until 7:30.

By 9:45 we were out in the Studio getting ready for class.
After intros, we did a couple of basic drawing exercises and then we started 
to paint.  This is a lot of people for the space, but it was fine.  First, we worked on a fishy color wheel to learn how to mix colors


(This is National love your dog day)
Then, they put a school of fish on another paper and started their first paintings.
A chance to experiment on something very simple.


Time passed very quickly and class ran over....but that's ok.  They will finish these at home or in the next class.  I am really enjoying getting back to teaching.  Unfortunately, some bees appeared and when class ended I discovered a spot in the ceiling where they were getting in.  Gary will make sure they are gone and will have to repair that area.  Fortunately, they waited until everyone left before making a very grand appearance.

Today, he dug up 33 pounds of potatoes and it's only 1/3 of the row....might hit 100.  He also brought in some heirloom beans that were planted from seeds given to him by a friend who grows them on Long Island.  Tomorrow I will make BBcued green beans.  He also brought in one carrot.

I pickled three jars of beets and will be taking one to my friend Hanny tomorrow...along with a basket of cucumbers.  We have at least 30 and they are so out of control.

A beautiful evening.
An instant replay for dinner.
Here I am....in command central and tomorrow, will be 83 years old!  Yikes!  At least I'm still here.
Night all.

PS
So much more to the story tonight.  We just went over to check out the work that has been done at Scott's house.  Wow!
Of course Little Wonder squeezed in another ride.
On the way over the sun was starting to set.
All the windows are in.
The great room is huge and so full of light.


Doug has just a few more things to do with the addition. Scott is ready to start on the siding and will finish the roof.  It's going to be so beautiful.

Home again, home again jiggity jig.....

No comments: