Followers

Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Barn....

The cosmos are hanging on for one more day.







After chores I could see a lot of color in the garden and picked all kinds of stuff.

My assistants were with me.





It motivated Gary to make his first batch of sauce.
            The onions, celery, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, parsley and basil came from our gardens.
The ponies spent part of the afternoon in the indoor.



Our dinner was compliments of Effortlessly Healthy.
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and yellow squash.
All I had to do was make a salad.
Tonight we went to The Barn with 6 others for something different. For the past ten years the Greater Brockport Development Corporation has presented Summer Serenades.  This year the concerts were cancelled because of Covid and tonight was the debut of the first virtual series performance by Chris Wilson, who has now closed the season for three years.  You can see it on You Tube if you click on www.chriswilson.us
He and Carrie set up The Barn so we were socially distanced,  not that different from sitting in a living room.  Gary and I sat in a big, velvet loveseat right near the stage....such comfort.
                                      We listened to an hour and a half of beautiful music.

Whenever I am at one of his concerts, he plays "Sweet Home Chicago"
for me, as he knows it was one of Belushis' favorite songs.
A very nice evening.
I hope many people were tuned in.

Night all.




 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Yum. I use old galvanized buckets for the produce. A pretty basket would look much nicer!
Looks great!