Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Special Delivery


 What a great morning.....so cool and refreshing.




 It was nice enough for me to take a bike ride over 
to my friend's house.  I was making a veggie delivery.




 I don't think I have ridden for over two months.
Lori (same name is mine) and I were able to have a conversation
for over an hour....discussing world events.  We sat about
15 feet away from each other and it felt so good to talk to someone.

 I did not get home until after 12:30.  It was about a 5 mile
bike ride and it was good for me.

 Around 2 Gordon B. arrived to rototill the outdoor arena.
I'm hoping that after this I can keep it up with the York rake.
It just needed to be deeper.
 As soon as he started, all 4 horses went into the indoor to watch.


 The York rake works beautifully in the indoor,
so nothing had to be done there.

 What an improvement.


 Remember that eggplant I picked yesterday?
Today I turned it into eggplant parm for dinner.







 Can't beat all the fresh veggies we have been getting.


 We had good light this afternoon and the temperature
was still reasonable.  Doors and windows open all day 
for a change.


 I usually try to put up my Journal post right
after dinner before I want to take a nap.
Phoebe and Little Wonder always keep me
company in the same spots.


Night all.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Dear Lori, what kind of squash was that in your bicycle basket. Acorn???? Or maybe it's not squash. I wish I'd been there when you fixed and baked the eggplant parm. It's one of my favorite dishes. Hope all is well and it's such good news to learn that you biked to a friends and were able to talk face-to-face. A real gift right now. Peace.

Val Ewing said...

Those indoor photos are stunning! Love the light!
The hot humid stuff returned here. Good for the sweet corn and the field corn but man it is rough on me!
I won't complain too loudly. Winter will come, right?
Thanks for showing me the delicious food and taking me on a tour!