Followers

Saturday, August 22, 2020

More Sauce, Spanish Rice and Peach Shortcake....

 It was quite a bit warmer today and we had some very good light.










The peaches on our counter were pretty ripe, so I decided to make some biscuits
and we had shortcake after lunch.  You would have loved it.
Our neighbor, Ed A., delivered a load of wood at noon and Gary started organizing the shed 
so it can be stacked in the next few days.  
We still have a fair amount from the 2 trees that were cut down earlier this summer.



The pups could feel the heat and were not excited about staying out for long periods of time.

We had another new hibiscus blossom.
The sun was shining right on it so the photos taken with my little point and shoot were super crisp.

By the time I got in from morning chores, Gary was already making another 
batch of sauce and it inspired me to make some Spanish Rice.
This was my secret ingredient.






Vegetarian and super delicious.
I had evening chore duty and the light was still gorgeous.


















Night all.


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

A green weeping willow tree, a purple buddleia bush, but my pick today " And with a flick of my beautiful tail", so ended another day in paradise. Firewood, that is the best load of all to be delivered.

Val Ewing said...

Oh the sauce looks great as well as everything else. I've been making sauce too but freezing and preserving it for a fresh taste this winter!