Followers

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Powerless

Boy, did we have some weather!
60-70 mph winds....sounded like a train...so loud!
At 7am the power went out and the house was still dark.
I lit a couple candles and Gary started a fire in the kitchen.
Karen got here at her usual time and I went out a few minutes early
with a flashlight.  Of course the barn (it's a basement barn and the 
East end is underground) was dark.  By 7:30 we had a little light,
but not enough to see anything.  We decided to keep the horses
inside until the wind slowed down....and it did around 8:30.
Eventually (with the help of my trusty flashlight) the stalls were
finished and I put some good hay in the indoor so they could
have a dry place to eat breakfast.



 Gary found me around 9 and announced that the power
was back on so the hydrant was working in the barn and
I could get fresh water in the stalls for tonight.

 I don't now what it's like where you live, but here,
we have standing water and lots of mud.

 As if that was not bad enough,

 the temperature went down and it started to snow.







 At 12:15 I drove down to Country Max to pick up some grain
before going to our Sunday Jam.

 It was an afternoon of very different music.
We had a great time and m a n y laughs.
Some oldies but goodies.
How we come up with this music is beyond me.....
I just know it's fun.




I had a break before doing evening chores and sat by the fire.
Of course....a clean Berlin
 and three little piggies.
 were ready to be tucked it.
They are going to need some serious grooming.







 We decided to try Mangia Mangia tonight, so I did not have to cook.
 I had chicken salad
 and Gary had broiled fish in a lemon sauce.
 We were home by 7pm and are going to join Little Wonder
 and Phoebe for a nap.
Night all.

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

What dreadful weather, I have changed my idea if living with snow at the back door. Loved the last music the best, an old familiar one for me.