Followers

Friday, March 15, 2019

Sunrises Disappear Quickly....







 It was in the 40s when the pups and I went out to the barn....very windy.


 Rebel's wrap stayed nice and clean last night while he was in his stall.
 Of course it was very muddy when he and the girls were turned out.

 Fortunately the front paddock has a cement base and it was relatively dry.




 Little Wonder seems to be back to normal.
Not gimpy today.  His feet were so filthy I
had to wash them all off in a bucket of warm water
before he could go in the house.
 I hope the snow does not return.


 The vet and her intern arrived around 10:30.
I knew I needed help with this and was very happy that she came.
Rebel's temperature was normal and I am not going to show you the photo of
his pastern as it is ugmo.
If there was any positive news....the Vet thought his 
pastern looked pretty good considering the injury.
First, she shaved the area.  Then she cleaned it, finishing up with a couple of syringes 
of saline solution squirted on the wound.  We dried him off and left it exposed to the air for about 20 minutes.  After that a non-stick gause pad was placed over the area (no salve or anything) 
 and it was wrapped with rolled gause.
 Next, a diaper.
 I never thought of making a duct tape boot this way.
Such an outstanding idea!  
 Then it's right on your leg and easy to
 grab when you need it.

 Finally, she put on a quilt
 finishing with a standing wrap.
 Rebel was a perfect gentleman the entire time.
Even when he got two shots (antibiotics) in his butt.
He is one very special boy.
I am going to be very busy for as long as it takes to get through this.
Fortunately he is very cooperative and I want him to be comfortable.

 By the way, it was cool enough for the horses to need a light blanket
and the first thing Maggie did!!!!!!  Yep she went out and rolled in the water.

 This is my favorite shot of the day....Rebel's girls.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing nothing except for a quick trip to Wegmans to buy more gause and diapers and food.

Tonight we joined three friends for dinner out at the Farmer's Table.
I forgot my camera and took a couple shots with my phone.
This place is known for it's fish fries, but since I don't like fish,
the chef made me Mac and cheese with pulled pork.
Never heard of such a thing, and it was delicious!


Happy to be home.
Night all.





3 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Lori, I have been absent and did't know Rebel had been injured. What a gentleman!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Good to hear LW is feeling better. Rebel should be fine soon too. I never thought of putting the duct tape like that either. I will from now on. I don't eat fish either but the mac and cheese sounded good.

Val Ewing said...

I've done a lot of those bandages! LOL! Duct tape is awesome.