Followers

Monday, March 18, 2019

4 Piggies In Blankets

Funny thing.
If we are going to have any sunshine at all, it's at sunrise or sunset.
The rest of the day is grey.


 When I got to the barn I removed the wraps on Rebel's front legs and threw on
a homemade shipping wrap just to keep dirt from getting into his "boot."



 The horses looked relatively clean for part of the day even tho their blankets 
were a wreck.




 I hurried through chores as I had a 9:30 meeting at the Farmer's Museum.
We are making plans for the Harvest Festival which will take place in September.
 While I was at the bank getting some cash, I got a phone call.
It was my friend Cheryl, who was in town and wanted to go out to lunch.
I picked up some very nice, soft wraps for Rebel first, then met her
at the Custom House. We were able to catch up and the food was delish.

 When I left home, there was no snow....but there were a couple inches on
the ground in Brockport.  On my way back it got very blustery.


 Now it looks like Christmas.


 At 5:30 I brought the Rebel into the grooming room and took off his wrap and boot.
At first his wound looked pretty yucky, but after it was cleaned it looked like
there was a little improvement.  I put him in a stall to let the air get at it
before redoing everything.  No shavings to get stuck in the wound.
 I love this boy!
 He is so easy to work with.

 Karen is a pro at wrapping, so I got everything ready and she came over and
put it altogether.
 She made these wraps....pretty fancy.
The quilt underneath is really soft and protective.
 Both legs were wrapped for the night and I will remove them in the morning.

 Don't they look lovely?



 On the way back to the house, the sun returned.




 Easy dinner.  Leftover sauce with shells and cheese
 and a simple salad.
 Just right.
Night all.