Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sloppy....



 What a swamp!!!!


 I put the dogs back in the house after chores and picked up the supplies to rewrap Rebel's foot.
 Karen helped me and did an outstanding job.
Underneath this.....topical ointment, square gause pad, small disposable diaper,
plastic bag, vet wrap and finally some duct tape.
It's important to leave enough space so the circulation is not cut off.
That's why the padded diaper is so important.
 Fortunately, when we took off his pink wrap he was as clean as a whistle,
(despite being outside all day yesterday).




 By noon it was pouring, so I put all the ponies back in their stalls.







 I arrived at the gallery just in the nick of time for our jam.





 As soon as I got back to the farm I let the horses out for a couple of hours
and reset their stalls for tonight.
 Everything is melting and we have an outrageous amount of water.





Got them tucked in by 6.
 I had made a batch of sauce late morning, so dinner was a piece of cake.


 Our homemade sauce is so fresh tasting.
Night all.


1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's sloppy here too. Rained again yesterday on top of the snow. Once this all melts it will be muddy soup.

Nice wrapping job on Rebel I'm sure it keeps all the mud out of the wound. We've had a lot of success using Animalintex. And it's easier to use than all the wrappings. Works great too.