Followers

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Hay Day

 By 8am Karen had a hay delivery...50 bales.
 I went into Berlin's stall and she snuck out before we were through moving the hay,
so she thought she would help us out.



 There were only a few bales left when the rest of the horses
joined her.

 It was grey all day long.



 At 1pm we were at St. Lukes, as Gary was doing a reading
during a service for one of our friends.

There were squalls when we left the farm and the snow
was still coming down when we got back to the farm at 3.

 After the snow got the horse's blankets good and wet, all but Berlin rolled in the indoor arena.  What a mess.









Next on the agenda....dinner at Jen's.
She has a new InstaPot (or however you spell it)
and made ham and scalloped potatoes.

 I was amazed at how quickly she could put it together.
Might just have to consider getting one.
 When we finished dinner, Buster kept talking to us...
for about 5 minutes!
It was so nice to have a meal with Jen and the boys!
Night all.


3 comments:

Nancy J said...

They are fast, and so safe to use, not like the old pressure cookers, when you had to release the steam, and sometimes everything blew out to the ceiling. All the outside looks very cold there.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Love that the horses were helping to "lighten the load" on the hay! :-)

Your day yesterday looks like ours today, that I hope is enjoyable for you!

Val Ewing said...

Insta pot ... I like the sound of that since I dislike spending much time in the kitchen. I heard of something called an Air Fryer too. I'm so out of the cooking loop. My guy is a meat and tator person.
I like homemade all day crockpot soups with every veggie I can think of tossed in.