Followers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A DOG DAY AFTERNOON (AND MORNING AND NIGHT)

6am. Rise and shine.

Last night the windows were opened to let in the cooler night air. The house bit the dust in the heat department...unless you were in front of a fan it was not very comfortable.
Every morning a couple of bunnies go out on the lawn for breakfast. Gucci and Phoebe watch them and can't wait to get outside. Fortunately, the bunnies are fast and manage to get to a safe place before the dogs can catch up to them.
Out to the barn before 7...put the fan on earlier than usual as the temperature was rising quickly.

Went down to Wegmans to pick up a couple of things and almost didn't make it to class on time.
Some AH left a puppy in his VERY HOT car while he went into the store. I drove up to the door and told a manager to call the person and the response was "I understand your concern...when we do that the people get mad at Wegmans." I told him to blame me and that I was not leaving until he did something about it. He made the announcement and nobody acknowledged. So I went out to the car, called 911 and asked the sheriff to come after I gave him the license number. Just then a 20something jerk came up to the car and I gave him my strong opinion and told him that I called the sheriff. Had to leave and when I got home someone was already waiting for me.
All were doing their thing and Ariana joined us as (with two fans) it was the coolest place in the house.
Donna finished her fish.

Mikayla joined us today and brought a couple of things she did in school this year. She is 16 and comes to class when she can. I like the tin work she put around her painting.
This was an acrylic painting on muslin.
Tina is still finishing up her background...
Jean worked on her mixed media piece...
Mikayla started a painting with colored inks.
Fran added colored pencil to a drawing.

After class, we packed up a watermelon, some garlic, spinach and dill and headed out to the beach. It was in the 90s and nasty hot.
We met Jenny and the boys out at Botts around 2.
The breeze made it so much better.
Carol and Topper's daughter Sarah was there with her three kids so there was a lot of activity.



We all made out kayaking debuts.


The kids loved their gigantic innertube.

Gary and Topper towed three of them...a new form of tubing.
The water temperature was perfect.
After Ariana and I kayaked down the beach to the Rath house (Carol's sister) I walked back later to get some photographs.
They also had a full house. Both daughters, their husbands and children were visiting.
Sarah and her kids walked down earlier and all the cousins were having a great time together.


Right next to the Rath house, live the Tandlers...like old home week down there. Les came out to say hello.
Bingo was busy supervising all the activity.
Here is the star of the "dog day afternoon." His name is Shultzie and he belongs to Tasha (Bing and Ruth's daughter) and her family.
He had to know I was a dog mush, as he ventured into the water to pay me a visit.
So sweet.
Before I left, the whole crew walked down to the Botts.
There are only about 7 houses between the two sisters.
Gary, Jen and all the kids stayed at the lake while I headed down the road to check out some hay.
I'm on the lookout for some soft stuff for my golden oldies.
Drove past the Welcome Center on the way home. There were some interesting boats there.

Barb did the chores and we had leftovers for dinner.

These cucumbers are delish. In a pan, heat vinegar, sugar and water. Let it cool and pour over thinly sliced cucumbers, sweet onions and fresh dill.
Grabbed a couple night shots when I took the horses masks off.


Night all. Ariana needs to upload some photos.

3 comments:

Louise said...

This heat only confirms that I will never be moving South. Give me Winter cold over Summer heat and humidity any day. I envy you your beach excursion.

Sandra said...

We are also hot, but not as hot as there. The humidity has been awful. The beach looked like a great idea.

Terry said...

I had a dog/car incident last summer when I couldn't turn a blind eye to a dog locked in a car on a hot day at the movie theatre. The animal control folks were very nice. It's the first (and hopefully last) time I ever called someone in for anything, but better that than a baked dog.