Followers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

AHHHHHHH....

After I give the horses their grain, I set up the hay and start picking stalls. When they are finished, they usually pass up the hay and go straight to the pasture. This morning, Pony followed me everywhere I went and was looking for a handout when I was in the feed room.
When she left, Abbe showed up to see what she could find.


King Mustafa is the only one that goes straight for the hay.


When it starts feeling warm, they run into the barn and stand in front of the fan.

When I finished in the barn, I mowed the big pasture. It looks as good as our lawn!

Ran a couple of errands this afternoon, and went out to do chores a little before 6. KM likes to put his head in Pony's stall while they are waiting for me to let them out.

A beautiful but very hot evening.

I started on some black beans for tomorrow night. We are having several people over for buritos.

But tonight...we were invited over to Jack and Louise's for dinner. My job was to bring a salad and I decided to make coleslaw. This time (the ingredients are different every time) I used savoy and red cabbage, carrots, green grapes, an apple and I cut up some prunes. Poured on some cider vinegar, a little sugar, celery salt, and pepper. Tossed, then added a little mayo.

There were a couple of appetizers for us to sample when we got there.
Our dinner consisted of carrots...
potatoes...
cooked cabbage with yellow raisins (I did not know Louise was making this...and didn't I make coleslaw)!
pork tenderloin....
and my salad.
For dessert we had poached apricots (from their orchard) on vanilla ice cream garnished with whipped cream. Delish!
From the outside looking in...
I had to take a shot in the dark when we left...her lilies are gigantic.
Mr. Moon was in and out of the clouds on our way home.
Night all.

5 comments:

Callie Brady said...

I want to go stand in front of the fan with the horses. Wonderful dinner!

Louise said...

Oh yum! That dinner looks wonderful.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Your pasture looks beautiful. Horses are so nosy, I like the pony waiting at the feed room door, hey you never know when a treat may appear right?

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Your big pasture looks GREAT!! What lucky horses... getting to choose the fan :)

Val Ewing said...

I think I am coming to your place to eat!

Such yummy dishes.

Yuck on the hot weather, we've got IT here too.