Followers

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Post #7166 Colcannon

Above freezing but still a little snow.









After chores Little Wonder had a 10am appointment at the Brockport Animal Hospital.
I have been living there.  He has been itchy so we had to figure out what we can do about it.
He was a very good boy for the Vet and hopefully he will improve now.
When we got back to the farm I made a pumpkin pie....just because.
Phoebe's flowers are still hanging on in a smaller format.
I'm going to hang on to this butterfly....
and it will bring back many happy memories.
Little Wonder spends many afternoons snoozing on our bed and today was no exception.
I made a trip to Weggies and picked up all kinds of interesting stuff.

Do you know what colcannon is?  This recipe appeared on FB and I just had to try it!
It was way beyond my expectations.  Our friend Judy made it for us a long time ago so I was slightly familiar with it.  First I threw one onion and some chopped cabbage in a frying pan (2 TBSP butter).
Boiled up 4 large potatoes
and made 5 slices of bacon.
Then....I put butter, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of light cream (called for heavy) on the potatoes and mashed them.  Added half of the bacon chopped up and then folded in the cooked cabbage.  Threw it in a casserole and topped with the rest of the bacon.  Put it in the oven covered, while I waited for Gary to get home from Coop's basketball game.
Also made some drumsticks
and fried apples with onions caramelized with brown sugar.
Delicious....
Night all.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this for the first time at McColleys Pub and really liked it, I look forward to making my own now with your recipe.
Hope Little Wonder is better with the itching, what did they do did it? I noticed my scalp is drier than it has ever been so trying to up my water intact for this dry skin, kathy

Nancy J said...

Two friends gave me roses from their own gardens for Moxy, so I saved the petals for pot pourri, love the butterfly, a symbol as Phoebe flew to doggy heaven.

Val Ewing said...

I had a terrier who itched and had allergies ... strangely enough ... to grass! Hopefully LW can get some relief from his itching...itchy-ness?
Those flowers are so beautiful. I will have to pick some flowers up next time I get to town.
I miss them in our house!