Followers

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Post #7145 Bean Salad and Corn Chowder

Sunshine all day long and into the 30s.

We had a few inches of snow last night.  Gary went out right away to shovel a path to the barn and then he got out the snow blower.
I let the dogs out and was ready to go to the barn when Phoebe went into the deep snow instead of the path and it was more than she could handle.  I got to her just before she fainted and was out for about 3 seconds.  She really can't handle stress of any kind.  Put her back in the house and went out to do chores.




Between the sunshine and snow, Elliott was full of beans.








When I got back to the house I let Phoebe out again and this time the driveway was clear.


She was ok.

I'm afraid she is fainting more and more (maybe once on most days).





The weather was a real upper and put me into a domestic mode.
First I made bean salad,


then I started on some corn chowder for dinner.



After that it was nap time.




By late afternoon the horses were running around again.
Has to be the weather.




Dinner was delicious.


Night all.




2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Sunshine puts me in a great mood! Hugs to Phoebe.
We had sun today and it was nice out too. So I could prep for the oncoming storm and cold weather.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, I get to your blog only about twice a month, so I've probably missed the posting where you explained why Phoebe faints so often. Is it serious? Is it a matter of seeing that there's no stress? It's concerning, I'd think.

I want to thank you for always reading and commenting on Elisa's postings--the ones I share on Facebook. I know she appreciates you and your enthusiasm for her way of writing and for the way she's facing this unexpected and terrifying journey with cancer. You are so appreciated by both Elis and myself. Thank you gain. Peace.