Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Post #7160 A Tough Day

We knew it was time to let Phoebe go and had a 7:30am appointment to say goodbye.  I got up at 6 and    

and fed the horses early so we could be at the Animal Hospital on time.

She was tired and needed to get some rest.  It was time.
Dr. Edwards has always been there when we need him and he was a great comfort this morning.
She passed very peacefully.  Little Wonder was with us so he would realize what had happened and he seems to be doing well.
He went with me to the barn to finish chores when we got home.  It was really cold and it's a good thing the sun was out most of the day.







Ironically, he and Phoebe had a grooming appointment today
and this is the first time he went on his own.  Delanda said he was very cooperative.
Now, he really looks like a terrier.




This afternoon I crashed for a couple of hours as I have been getting up so much at night.  Sidney and 
Little Wonder kept me company.
During that time, Arjuna delivered the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from Alison and Bill A. with a note about Phoebe.  Of course I was in tears over their thoughtfulness.
I did not get out of bed until 5 and then started making dinner.  I had reposted a recipe for some creamy lasagna soup and bought the ingredients yesterday.




This is a photo of the FB post.




So delicious.
I think I am going to sleep tonight.
Night all.

Many thanks to all who have sent comments and support for our loss.



 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you. We will miss her just as much as you. Kathy

Tomato Thymes said...

I am so sorry. She was adorable. It is always difficult to find the right words of comfort. Blessings to you. Lisa

Val Ewing said...

Tears for her and a lump in my throat for the both of you.

Nancy J said...

Snow, sunshine and flowers, and love from all round the world as we share a loss.A special wee girl who will always be in your heart.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh Lori... {{{hug}}}