Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Post #7153 Covid Shot Two....

Like most people, I was very anxious about getting my 2nd Covid shot as there were so many stories floating around about side effects.  We received them around 10:15 yesterday and took it easy most of the afternoon.  Drank a lot of water before and after the shot.  I made 2 loaf pans of meatloaf after taking it easy by the fire.  We ate dinner and I could only feel a very slight pain in the injection site.  Decided to go to bed at 8pm and was in and out of sleep pretending to binge on a Netflix series.  Had to get up 4 times to let Phoebe out and managed to fall back asleep each time.  While I was up, I drank more water and could not believe I did not have any side effects yet. My biggest concern was being able to feed the horses this morning....

At 7:15 Phoebe was let out in the big yard with Little Wonder for about 10 minutes and went back in the house.



Then it was chore time.









Fortunately I felt fine and was out there for about an hour and a half.



We had chicken soup for lunch and just relaxed.  Gary must have slept for at least 5 hours during the afternoon.  He did have chills last night, but that was about it.  I will say, you feel a little foggy and tired, but nothing outrageous.
We picked up some light, fluffy snowflakes and it was not too windy.
It's going to be very cold for the next 10 days.

I was not tuned in to picture taking today.  Crawled in bed for a couple hours before dinner,
and we just had meatloaf sandwiches.
Feeling very fortunate, not to have had a rough time with the second shot.  My advise.... drink a lot of water before and after and get a lot of sleep.  Now it is 7pm and I feel normal.
Time to get out by the fire.

Night all.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with the second dose. I would say it’s still a small price to pay versus taking s chance on getting a bad case of the virus. Glad you are both feeling better and your advice to drink water is most helpful for when we go. Kathy

Val Ewing said...

I am so relieved to hear that! Love your selfie shots! Love those pinks.

Snow and cold here. But nothing new right now.
Hoping that Rich's second shot will be much the same.

I'm doing the happy dance for you.