Followers

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Post #7168 Mushroom Bourguignon

Another beautiful day.  Sunny and warmer than expected.












I picked up a few ingredients at Wegmans and this afternoon I made my debut creating 
Mushroom Bourguignon
First I gathered my ingredients.  I never follow a recipe and made some radical changes.
First I put 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter in my pan.
Then I threw in 20 ounces of mushrooms for about 4 minutes.
Removed the mushrooms and added two diced medium onions and organic carrots (about 20 baby and 
1 yellow and 1 purple in chunks).  The recipe called for just 1 finely chopped.  (Also, add 1tsp. of fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried.  Didn't have this...added a mix with thyme in it.)
Added salt and pepper, heat on medium and let them cook for about 10 minutes.
Added one cup of red wine (made by a friend) and turned up temperature to reduce it by half.



Added two cups of beef stock
and two tablespoons of tomato paste.
stirred
and added in the mushrooms (by then there was liquid in the bowl...added that too).
Simmered for 20 minutes
Added 1 cup of pearl onions (I would leave them off the next time.  They look great but I did not like the texture). Earlier I was supposed to add 2 cloves of minced garlic, but I did not have any.
Final step, added a mixture of melted butter and flour to thicken and it made a great gravy.

Jenny joined us for dinner.  First time in months.
Everything tasted great and I would do this again.


Night all.

 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Some day I am going to settle down and learn to cook dishes like this!
Looks like you had a good day!