Followers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

THE WARM UP....

SUNSHINE!!!! Heat......No sheets.



Gucci and Phoebe did their respective things while I cleaned the stalls.


Gary has been putting the onion sets out on the porch during the day.  Last year they were the biggest and best we've ever had.  It must be the horse manure.



Because it was so nice and dry, I was able to get out the lawn tractor and mow the leftover hay and pound down the high spots.


Now I have another option for the hay during the morning feed.


Until it rains or gets real warm, the horses hardly go under the overhang.


I have not fed them in this front paddock as it was too wet.


Here's the garlic update.  It is really taking off and looks very strong.


The flowers next to the indoor have started to bloom....


...and today I mowed the lawn for the first time.  It looks pretty good.


After lunch the pups and I ran some errands.  I had to go to the bank and credit union.


I drove past the high school where I taught art for the last 13 years before I retired.  (It is near the Credit Union).
Then I drove past the Middle School....I taught there too (before the High School).


We ended up at the Alumni House at the college, where Gary was meeting with three alums who are helping to redesign the gardens to match the Victorian House.


Late afternoon is snooze time for the horses.

They go into the outdoor arena and sleep.


I love it when the sun creates a shadow of the windmill on the indoor.



I hated to put the horses in tonight, as it was still beautiful outside at 6:30.  Had a meeting at the library so I did it anyway.
They all hang around the front paddock, waiting for me to open the door and let them in.



Masterpiece takes his position and is always in the front of the line.
That's all folks.....

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Oh, sweet sunshine and warmth. I bet it was hard to go inside today! The lawn looks great. Mine is still under two-three feet of snow and will take a long time to dry out (the ground isn't so great). I take it the onion sets will be planted outside. How many does Gary plant? The horses look very strong and healthy. Good evening.

Esther Garvi said...

They look soooo happy for that warmth! I'm glad for them!

allhorsestuff said...

Again...I love anything to do with your WINDMILL! lovely day huh...wasn't it grand to be in the warm a bit!
Kac

Grey Horse Matters said...

We too had a lovely warm day. The gang really didn't want to come in tonight. I got the arenas dragged and a few other things done. It's funny how a nice day puts everyone in a good mood. Love your place and the windmill picture.