Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

BEAUTIFUL....



You guessed it!  Sunshine plus heat equals no sheets.  By 9:30 they were off.  I piled them all on my trusty sled and dragged them into the barn....but not before Abbe "nosey rosey" checked them out.

I put the hay in the inner pasture, but they wanted to go in the big pasture...so I knuckled under and opened the gate.  What the heck.


There is more grass there....


...and that's not a whole lot at this point.


The first blossom on the farm...Just a teenie thing, but it stood out amongst the dead leaves.



This morning I got an email from my friend Alicia, inviting me to lunch at the Red Bird Tea Shop.  Her Mom (The Diva at age 91) has been one of my art students, and is leaving for New Mexico on Monday to spend 6 months with another of her daughters. .... a little farewell gathering.


When I got home, I did some work outside and then grabbed Abbe.


We did some work in the indoor....and then I got carried away taking pictures.


So now, you are going to have a mini tour.  I have a "gallery" of sorts in there.  The horses don't seem to mind.


These are two of the photos.  They are aerial shots.  The one above is after the indoor was built
(as you can see, there was a drought and we had no grass left).  Below is how it looked before it was added.




This is the corner by the "people" door.  I have a chain covered with plastic piping at an angle to keep the horses away from all my stuff and the radio.  Looks like I need to do some spring cleaning to me.


Horses have come in through this door many times.


I love this very large pencil drawing done by one of my Studio in Art students.  It was taken from a photograph of my horse (Marieke) on the left, and her brother Hollander.  She is the Dam of Berlin.


Cotton lounge lines are nice, but this one is way too bulky.  It just looks nice for a picture.
I have been feeding the horses hay in this pasture, and today I went out there with the lawn tractor and mulched all the leftovers.  We are supposed to get rain tomorrow night and I will keep them off it while the grass attempts to grow.


There is a hill that goes up to the 2nd level of the barn.  While I was up there, some of the horses were in the outdoor ring.  I figured I would get some shots from above.

Abbe seems to be everywhere today, so she is the star.


Looks a little distorted from this perspective....oh well.


Enough!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The spring is coming. The grass will grow soon.
Here we have taken my neighbour's pony a while for he eats the grass but he prefers to eat the wild leeks and he lets the grass grow. So we'll have to go with a machine.
Have good times
Phyto