Followers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

IT'S NOT SKYWATCH FRIDAY, BUT THE SKY IS READY!

Technicolor skies at 6:30 am.
A pre Skywatch day.

Not too much later the view was very different.


A nice morning.  Cool but bright.
Both dogs joined me for morning chores...Gary helped as we had a chorus rehearsal at 10.












I went directly from there out to Glen Darach Farm to hold Abbe for the farrier.  She still seems to be doing well and her manners were great while she got her trim.





























You have met John before.  He takes his puppy, Duncan, with him on all his calls.  

Duncan is not a year old yet, but he looks like a mature lab.  Very well behaved and gentle.

When I got home I started working on dinner, then went out to bring the horses in from the big pasture.

Target was quite into rolling.

Even tho it was in the low 50s, the brisk wind kept things cool.

Jack and Louise came over at 6:30 and we had a great meal.  Vegetarian lasagna made with our homemade sauce, marinated asparagus, a big salad and fresh Italian bread.  Brownies with vanilla ice cream for dessert.  Minor detail, I didn't let the lasagna rest long enough to set up, and it spread out all over the place.  Tasted good.













Now for a little couch time.  Maybe I'll see who is getting kicked off American Idol.

PS Esther....Abbe is out for training....just 4 weeks.  She will be coming home to her herd by mid May.

4 comments:

restoration42 said...

Oh. Brownies? Sounds mouth watering, just like the photos of your wonderful day.

Diary From Africa said...

The morning sunrise photo's are simply breathtaking ! Sounds like you've been busy as usual, my Mum always says 'If you want something done - ask a busy person !' It's so true .....

Gayle said...

Great sky shots. One can't help but be in a good mood when you wake up to a sight like that. It just dawned on me that I have never seen sheets on horses here not even in the middle of winter when it is really, really cold. That's interesting. I'm really going to pay more attention now when I am out and about. Final thought: I immediately wondered what Abbe was thinking as she looked at you through the fence. I wonder if she likes it there?

Gayle said...

Great sky shots. One can't help but be in a good mood when you wake up to a sight like that. It just dawned on me that I have never seen sheets on horses here not even in the middle of winter when it is really, really cold. That's interesting. I'm really going to pay more attention now when I am out and about. Final thought: I immediately wondered what Abbe was thinking as she looked at you through the fence. I wonder if she likes it there?