Followers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

THE ADVENTURES OF PHOEBE AND GUCCI...


Today's post might as well be about the dogs, as they are in most of the photos.
This morning they started right off with their usual play.

Because it snowed last night, Phoebe said "no deal" to going outside.  

Gucci, on the other hand, was jumping at the door.  She does have springs on her little legs!!!!
So, I put one of Phoebe's coats on her and we headed out to the barn.
By 9 o'clock, my hands were frozen, so I went back to the house to get warmer gloves.
By then, the Gucci was ready to stay in with Phoebe.

At 11:30 we got in the truck and drove to Shepherd's Mill for some sawdust.

They love to look out the window.


When we got back to the farm I had to back the loaded trailer down the driveway.  In order to do that I first backed into the turn around AND JACK KNIFED THE TRAILER INTO THE TRUCK!!! leaving a nice dimple in the back quarter panel!!!!!  I hope I can find someone to pop out the dent....I am so steamed!!!!


At 1:30 my class arrived.  Here is what some of them were working on today.
Joan is starting to darken her colored pencil drawing.
Connie continues with her watercolor studies of pears.
Rudy is starting a seascape....
Dick is still working on his first acrylic painting.
Tina is 95% done with her colored pencil drawing of Izzy.
and Sandy is doing a pastel drawing of my horse, Berlin.

I made a big pot of lentil/pea soup with smoked turkey sausage and by 5:45 was ready to go back out for evening chores.
There was still plenty of snow on the ground.
Naturally the most beautiful part of the day was after I put the horses in....dark sky but great light.

6 comments:

Esther Garvi said...

What a cute pair they are!! They fit so well together and Gucci looks lovely in Phoebe's outfit!

Gayle said...

Well, that's a bummer about the snow. Everything was so green and pretty. I was hoping it was going to dry up in the field for the horses. I was wondering where Gary goes when you are doing chores and hauling sawdust? He must be busy as well, I suppose.

Deb said...

love your little furbabies, sorry to hear about the truck, sounds like you had a very busy day, love the artwork

Mary Ellen said...

Your photos are gorgeous, and I love the art. The only problem with coming here is that now I feel completely untalented!

Sorry about the truck. I never have gotten the hang of backing up with a trailer. It always seems like I'm supposed to turn the wheel whichever way seems backwards to me...

allhorsestuff said...

OH No-SNOW!
Well Heck...the dogs are so funny showing thier disdain for it too!
Love the horses eye!
Kac

Dream Valley Ranch said...

I love the Phoebe and Gucci show :) They are two little Peas in a Pod, aren't they?
xoxo to the fluffsters!