Followers

Monday, March 2, 2009

WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP BEING ALL ABOUT GUCCI?

I have just about had it with that new dog!!!!  Gucci this....Gucci that.....

Gucci's first time to the barn....big wupppppppp!!!!

(Time out for a weather report....started out grey and below zero with the wind chill (AM)).
(A few words about this front paddock...when we moved to the farm, the barn was full of car parts and old cow stanchions.   Junk everywhere.  No fences.  No stalls....and the area in front of the barn was covered with cement (cows lived here many, many years ago).  The first thing I wanted to do was get rid of the cement...am I glad we didn't.  I leave the left over hay there and it creates a great surface.  When there is ice, the texture really helps and the horses can still go out.  I pick it everyday, so it stays great....and in the summer I actually mow it so it is like a soft bedding).  
Getting back to Gucci...today we took her to my groomer so she could get her hair evened out.
She thinks she is so cute making big eyes at us.
I waited in the car while she was taken in.....boring!!!!!
I heard that she was a little shy at first.
I'm not that hot about going, but Sherri is very nice and she does a great job.  I guess Gucci gave her lots of kisses.

When we got home (I had to hang out in the car while we did lots of errands waiting for her to get finished....2 hours!!!!) she thought she was Miss Beauty Queen.  It's my turn to get groomed on Thursday and expect that I will look BEAUTIFUL.



There she is again, giving everyone that "sweet" look.


(Beautiful skies tonight...and the temperature at 5:30 was -2 with the wind chill).

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Gucci looks great with her new hair cut. I've notice that people Outside tend to include wind chill when discussing temperatures. We never do that here, but you got me curious. It's +2 here, but -8 with the wind chill. I think I'll go with the warmer temperature! :) Hope you have Spring soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Phoebes, don't feel bad! The good news is that your human mommy is very careful to devote as much time to you as to Gucci, so the more Gucci gets, the more you will too! :-D

Anonymous said...

Phoebe,
Don't worry about this Gucci. She can't possibly be as sweet as you are.

You'll always be #1 with me!

(I wouldn't mind meeting her, though!)

Love,Love,Love,
DJ

Gayle said...

I wanted to let you know I've awarded you a friend badge. If you are so inclined you can pick it up at my blog!