Followers

Monday, March 16, 2009

SPRING CLEANING!!!!

And how does your garlic grow???
My once flooded outdoor arena is beginning to dry???? out.  It's a boot sucker at this point.
After morning chores, the dogs and I went for our walk.  As you can see, the muddy horses were sun bathing.

Gucci, where are you???

Joe is really asleep....

Not the Pony...she wants to know what is going on.

Tis the season for landscape shots.


After all the snow, rain and weather we have had, I am amazed by the dryness.


Gucci is turning into a tracker of varments!


So, let's head down the lane.


Sounds good to me!



This is literally a "covered wagon" that some farmer left on the side of a field.


The horses can't keep up with Gucci's whereabouts.



Even tho the sun is out and the temperature is rising, there is still ice in the shadow of the fence rails.


Finn had a fever and didn't go to school today.  Kevin had a dentist appointment, so the kids came up to the farm for a couple of hours.  After lunch they had some couch time.


When they left, I went outside and started on the second batch of bamboo.  Just how much can you put on one wheelbarrow?


After that was done (Gary helped me finish), we moved on to a forsythia bush that was way overgrown...3 more wheelbarrows....


Gary also attacked the front yard.


We have an enormous black walnut tree that drops hundreds and hundreds of nuts.  He raked them all into piles so we can get them off the grass.


I must say, things are starting to shape up.  There were so many sticks all over the place.


Then it was on to evening chores.  Masterpiece (looking his best) was anxious to come in to eat.
Believe me, I am tired!!!!  and tomorrow is another day....

Just one more thing....I want to welcome three new followers, THE FAR SIDE OF FIFTY, CHICKEN HERDER  and Nea from A NORTH EAST ANGLE.

6 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

That shot of the ice in the rails shadow was soo cool Lori!
What a nice day...Love to see all you do and all the animals too~
Kac

Gayle said...

I agree, the "ice rails" was an awesome shot. One so easily over-looked, but you caught it! I like the shot of Masterpiece. Unique. Oh, raking. I am so jealous. Raking is one of my all-time favorite things to do. I rake until my shoulders completely give out. My next favorite is shoveling dirt. And then packing rocks. I love summer, outdoor, hard-working activites. The rest of the year I'm pretty much inside and lazy! :) I need to live somewhere my outside time is longer! Your yard is looking beautiful.

Janie said...

It's nice to see spring, isn't it? But there are always a lot of cleanup chores after the thaw. Our horses are muddy, too, but they seem to like it just fine.

Carolyn said...

Hi Lori,
I feel so much at home when reading your blog. The country and weather seem to be much the same. I love visiting with all your critters, two legged, four legged, large and small. I have to agree with the ladies, the photo of the ice and fence rails is a great capture! Thanks for visiting and sharing your world.
Have a great week.
Smiles

Naturegirl said...

Sigh some people have quite the life! Farm, horses, open air,little happy fur babies running around! What a wonderful life..sigh! You are surely blessed!I enjoyed my visit here! Nice to meet you and your farm friends!:)NG

Anonymous said...

Just looking at all the work makes me think about my own yard. I need to get out there - as soon as it stops raining!