Followers

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Loading Up My Kindle....

 This morning it looked cold and felt cold.
 Very strong winds.  Before joining Karen in the barn I mulched the hay in the paddock.
 The girls wore sheets as it felt like the low 40s.
 It motivated me to go up in the loft to make an igloo for the cats out of hay bales and a piece of plywood.  Seymour joined me and jumped up to the upper loft.
 Karen, who is an excellent seamstress, brought her sewing machine to the barn to repair some hay bags and blankets.
 Seeing that we are loaded with apples, I decided to make a couple of pies.  Karen's boss repaired a weed wacker for us and all he wanted in return was an apple pie.  So I made two.  One for him and one for us.


 I spent part of the afternoon firing up my Kindle.  I have not had time to read for months and  picked up at least a hundred free books that need some attention.  Once our wood stove is going I turn to tea and reading.

Chores at 6.  It rarely takes me more than 15 or 20 minutes.




 After a totally grey day I managed to grab a very fuzzy photo of the sunset.


 I really enjoyed making dinner....no rushing around.
 Marinated chicken thighs brushed with honey mustard and topped with caramelized onions and carrots.
 Coleslaw and mashed potatoes.
 Perfect for this kind of weather.
I'm done.
Night all.

3 comments:

Terry said...

It looks like a storybook Fall there.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Another good and delicious day! :-) I love not rushing around when I cook, makes the meal more enjoyable, doesn't it? Perfect temps for us this weekend, with warmer weather on the way for part of the week, then cooler weather and the dreaded time change!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Windy and chilly here too.

Love a homemade applie pie. I once traded one for a great feed bin we are still using.