Followers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HEAT WAVE!

When I let the dogs out this morning it was 50 degrees. Pretty different from yesterday! At 7:45 it was still so grey outside the barn light was still on.

Chores went quickly and the horses moved straight out to the back pasture.

No blankets.

The grass is in luke warm shape, but they continue to nibble all day.

What they all need, is a good brushing! Roll...roll...roll.

How's that for a big butt?

Almost everyday there are geese flying overhead.

Pony was curious about what was happening in the indoor....that would be nothing!

Talk about an overcast day. The sun tried and tried, but it never happened.

Gary was able to get on with his painting.

I mowed the lawn. We are getting ready for a big party in the barn on Saturday night. Pot luck at 6 and a band starting at 7.

The dogs were in the yard the whole time I was mowing

I finished by 11. At 1:30 they heard the cars coming in the driveway and were anxious to see Tina (Class Day) so she would give them some treats.

We are getting ready for a show in November, so Tina and Sandy worked on matting and framing today.

This is a watercolor by Sandy. The mat and frame selections were perfect.

She also did this pencil drawing from an old photograph of her friend's horse. I am getting pretty excited about this exhibition, as my students have so much good work.

Deb is working on a book of family history, using mixed media for illustrations. Her style is very "French" to me.

Mel started on a new painting and I did not photograph anything else.

At 3:30 the dogs and I went down to Apple Creek Farm to take a couple of photos for Jack and Louise.

I picked a ton of Ida Red apples. They will be on all the tables at the party.

Louise still has some interesting things going on in her gardens and on her porch.

Here they are in front of one of hundreds and hundreds of apple trees.

On the way home I stopped at Main Street Pizza...on Tuesdays you can get a large New York style pizza for $6.99 (thin crust....my favorite) just sauce and cheese. Delicious. We ate first, then I went out to do chores.

Gary has to replace a wheel on our farm wagon as we will put it in the indoor and put all the food on it (Saturday night). I may have to put some twinky lights on it.

He made a lot of progress on the studio barn today. Tomorrow he should finish up the last side.
Then we will concentrate on the inside. I would love to put a woodburning stove in there.

All done and ready to go back in the house.

It started out grey and ended up grey....60 degrees tho. That's it folks. Night all.

10 comments:

Maery Rose said...

We've also seen the last of our sun for awhile. Highs only in the upper 40s and rainy. Looks like your students will have an awesome art show!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great pictures for a grey day. At least it was warm enough to get a lot done.
Your students pictures are very nice and I'm sure the exhibition will be a success.

Frank said...

Deb's style is to my liking and exection is very good. (You're a good teacher.) The house is so very attractive. She is good! (Sorry, I know, it's not a horse.)

Can't wait for the Saturday party photos and food review. Is the weather supposed to stay somewhat warm?

photogchic said...

Amazing what you guys get done in a day.

Unknown said...

Your barn party/Art Exhibish sounds great fun.We wish it well, and look forward to seeing your photoes of it.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.

Anonymous said...

Busy day! We've been warm, too, and warmer yet today with more rain - and a thunderstorm overnight!

Janice said...

Your party sounds like so much fun wish I was there. Lovely artwork.

Esther Garvi said...

What a day!! Glad you're having warmer weather. The art is beautiful, your students are so talented!

Barb said...

Lori, you get so much done in a day - it puts me to shame! I really enjoyed your photos of fall in New York. (It's snowing here in Breckenridge today!) My favorite pic was the dogs waiting for their treat.

Ken Mac said...

love those rays of light or is that rain?