Followers

Wednesday, October 23, 2024

The Falling Leaves

First, I took the next two photos last night when I let LW out at 11pm.  The moon was glowing.


This morning the sunrise was equally beautiful.



Pretty mild when I got to the barn and we ended up in the low 70s.  Going down to the 40s tonight and 25 degrees cooler tomorrow.
I always check in with my computer when I get back to the house and this boy sticks with me the whole time.

We had so many leaves on the ground (winds up to 30 mph) I decided to mulch this batch with the lawn tractor.  We are not into raking.  Then, I went in the house for lunch and decided to make an Apple Betty pie



It turned out very well and I can't wait to taste it.
After that, I drove down to the bank and then picked up some horse cookies at Tractor Supply.  They were on sale so I bought two bags and should be set for months.
Eventually I went back outside and finished mulching leaves.  There will be many more tomorrow, but at least the trees on the south side of our property are pretty empty and that should be manageable.




Gary has done a great job edging the gardens in front of the house and by the sign.  The mulch really defines them.


When the wind stops blowing we are going to have to clean up the driveway.

Dinner was a no brainer.  Sandwiches and left over cabbage soup.


Almost dark when I tucked the boys in.




The sunset was pretty amazing...even tho I could not see much of it.
Night all.

 

No comments: