Followers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

THE LONG SIESTA

 I took a long nap this morning and a long nap this afternoon.  Just felt good.  Have cut back on my pain pills and today seemed more clear headed.  Tonight dinner was being delivered by Margay and Ulpi and they were going to join us.
 Gary vacuumed and picked up around the house....I set the table.
 Ulpi loves to cook and brought us so many different dishes....healthy dishes.  Rice, snap peas, spinach, lentils....all kinds of veggies beautifully seasoned and delish.




 The temperature dropped and after dinner....


 it was time to pick spinach.  We don't let anyone leave without a bag or two.

 I could not resist taking a picture of all the bowls we emptied.
 Once again, we were very fortunate to have friends that would do something like this for us.
Great conversation and I even sat at the table (with my leg up and iced).
Thank you Margay and Ulpi.  What a pleasure.
Night all.

8 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We also spent the evening with friends, and you're right, there's nothing like good friends!

I'm glad you're doing well!!

Michelle said...

The food looks so good. I love lentils. I see you are using Mixpod! I will be converting in a couple of days!

Cloudia said...

thank you for sharing the good life!


Aloha from Waikiki,
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I'm glad you've been able to reduce the pain meds. Brett felt a lot better when he was off of them too. They really messed up his system. The table and food looked wonderful, as always. Such wonderful friends you have.

margareth said...

I am glad to see that you have some good friends to care for you. A happy day !

Buttons Thoughts said...

I am so happy you are doing well. I have one question could I possibly borrow Gary and your vacuum it has been a very busy week? :) Take care great pics. B

-K- said...

Looks like an idyllic life.

Gayle said...

I wish we had trees like the big one in your yard. The swing chair looks like so much fun. I should have planted way more spinach. We are going to eat up what we have in a couple of days. Maybe I'll see if I can find another area to plant. :)