Followers

Friday, May 22, 2009

WHAT A DAY!!!

This was a very busy day.  Went out to the barn fairly early as I was supposed to go out to Glen Darach Farm by 9:30.  No chance of that happening as we had many phone calls and I talked to our insurance company.  It took quite awhile to start a claim, but what service!  I was quite impressed.  Tomorrow I think we will go down and get a rental car...I am going to have my tie rods replaced in the PT Cruiser on Tuesday and we will want to have something to drive.  Who knows how long it will take for us to get another vehicle.  Just when I was going back out to the barn, Sue and Sandy (friends and art students) showed up to see if they could help out with the horses...we all finished picking the stalls, and I was off to Nichols Garage to take our personal stuff out of the truck.  That paint that spilled during the accident was still wet and I got it all over my hands and arm (that way I could look more like Gary).  So, I got my Reese Hitch, the registrations for the truck and horse trailer, the car keys etc.  Below you can see our truck which looked a lot different today, now that it is upright.  Both of the other cars hit Gary, and he ended up rolling.






I left there and went out for my last lesson with Andrea.  It was better than yesterday's.  She loaned me her truck and trailer so I could take all my gear, the red cart and Abbe home.

She was very happy to be there and is showing a VERY strong heat.  Target won't leave her alone.  It took awhile for her to get back in the herd....Berlin kept trotting parallel to her trying to keep the other horses away.  It was quite interesting.
Joe and Pony try to remain calm....the rest of the horses went into the indoor.
Target has now dumped Winnie for Abbe...


As for Gary, he had over 25 phone calls and a dozen visitors.  They brought him coffee, pastries, bran muffins and lots of conversation that kept him focused on something other than rolling over in his truck.  The flowers below were sent to him by the Historical Society.  FRIENDS ARE THE BEST MEDICINE!  Right now he has gone to bed "just to rest" (I'm positive he is sleeping).  When I got in from the barn this morning he was doing the dishes and swept the kitchen floor....physical therapy.  This is one tough cookie folks...



No comments: