Followers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

SKYWATCH FRIDAY - VIVA LAS VEGAS!


To view beautiful skies around the world, go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com


Last Wednesday I flew out to Las Vegas with my grandaughters (who had been visiting for 10 days).  Every morning I woke up to a beautiful sky.
I don't usually get off the farm, so aerial shots are very rare.
I'm not even sure which mountains these are.
On Sunday we drove out to Red Rock Canyon.
The sky was like the ones I used to see in the old Western movies.
As we headed up one of the mountains, we came across this little church.
Classic.
This shot was taken at 5:15 am from the bedroom window.
Before the sun set, this was the view from the front yard.
Just before dark the light is so beautiful.

10 comments:

James said...

You really took some great pictures.

Pacey said...

Gorgeous sun shots. Simply beautiful. thanks for the visit.

Kathy H said...

Wow! I love your Las Vegas pictures. Home is great, but it's nice to have a new perspective once in a while.

Mary Ellen said...

Your photos are amazing. Simply gorgeous!

Sally in WA said...

It looks like you had a good trip with lots of photo ops.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Megan, Life Revamped said...

my mouth hangs open for these beatuiful shots!

thanks for sharing this beautiful sky with us!

Esther Garvi said...

Oh Lori, they're gorgeous! I'm so happy you had this wonderful weekend with your granddaughters! Las Vegas isn't known in my books for offering a breathtakingly beautiful nature, but now I have a different image of it! So thanks!!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great sky shots. I've always loved the scenery and skies out West.

Janie said...

No matter where you live, a change of scenery is always refreshing. You captured some beautiful western skies in your photos. Hope you had a great time.

Maria Berg said...

In a few days I ám up in a plane hope i also can take some nice photos.

lovely to have the granddaughter visit.

Thank you for stooping by my blog and viewed the sky through the trees,
/Maria Berg, MB