.....

.....
Walnut Hill 2017

Followers

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Short...

 How long is this grey, wet, windy, cold weather going to last?

 Tom and Carol decided to relax at the farm while Gary and I went to chorus.
 After lunch Gary went down to Jen's to meet Finn and Coop, and I took our guests for a little tour around Brockport.  When we got back to the house I started working on dinner.  German potato salad, sweet and sour red cabbage, knockwurst, smoked bratwurst and pumpernickel bread.

 When everything was almost ready, I went out to do chores.  The paddock is a muddy mess.







 Dinner was delish.
Night all.  Pretend I'm on a temporary vacation.

4 comments:

  1. Those muddy things! Tabby cats are so so beautiful, I love their markings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett would hate that dinner (sausages, cabbage and onions in the tater salad) but I'm half German and I would LOVE it! I miss that kind of food -- never cook it myself anymore and hard to find in restaurants around here. I used to make brats when the kids were home and Brett was at work. And my mom made a mean German potato salad. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your mini vacation. I hope we all get some sun soon. Windy and rainy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dinner is a worthy meal for any German!! My mom used to make meals like that, as her ancestry was what she called Swiss-German. The family lived near the border of both countries, I guess. Looks delicious, with one tiny addition...spicy mustard to dip the sausages in. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. I do not have google+ and am unable to comment on those blogs. Would love to reach some of you and need email addresses. Your comments are appreciated.