Followers

Friday, April 22, 2022

What a Day

The weather was gorgeous.  Get ready for a very long post!




The roofers were here before 9 and worked until 5.

At 11 SHE SINGS had a gig at the Chili Community Center for Earth Day so I had to be ready to go by 9.
It took us awhile to set up and I was unable to record anything while playing.


The audience was very appreciative and I was back home around 1:30.
Once again, great progress was made by Jason and Mike.



By 6 I was out in the barn for evening chores.





Even tho the lift is there, I like to let the ponies in the front paddock before evening chores.  Their lives have been very different since this project was started.  If Rebel hears me, he thinks it's time to eat and as per usual, Seamus wants to catch up.


Tucked the boys in and quickly changed my clothes so we could go to an art opening at Marti's On Main in Albion.
Many of our friends are part of this group, and we have known the gallery owners for decades.  They purchased this old mansion and put in countless hours working on the interior.  It is gorgeous and very funky.
Here are some examples of the pieces being exhibited.



















This is Kim Martilotta - Muscarella.  She and her husband have worked so hard to create this space.  Both are very talented!
While Tom and Mary were getting ready to buy one of the paintings, we ended up having a very long conversation about Medina, Art and Music.   I love meeting new people.  Ironically, when I mentioned my Journal, Mary said she had visited many years ago.  What a great couple...and so interesting.



Gary and I closed down the joint even tho I was pooped.
Night all.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

You live in a vibrant community! There's some really good work there, really good. I imagine you are exhausted.

Jo said...

Dear Lori, I always love walking through your farm with you. And today I got a good dollop of culture. What a stunning exhibition. You are very involved with your community: something I relate to! Thank you for sharing. Jo

Mary Zangerle said...

Great to meet you, too!! I'll definitely keep a closer eye on your blog now!! Here's hoping to our meeting up again - perhaps at one of you performances, you never know.