Followers

Thursday, April 28, 2022

It's Back....

Sunshine all day long, but with the wind it felt like the 30s.




The roofers were here by 8:30 and they accomplished a lot.



Many months ago I met an artist when I was posting on a site that hosted women and their art work featuring horses.  Her name is Susan Duby and when she saw my photo of Berlin she asked permission to do a painting.  She certainly captured the essence of my girl.  In November, after we lost Berlin, Susan offered the painting to me once it was returned from a show.  It arrived this afternoon and is positively stunning.  So grateful.

At 1pm I was down at the Library for an afternoon of bridge and it sure was nice to focus on something different.  My partner and I came in 2nd.
By the time I got home, the wooden strips that support the metal panels were all set on the south side of Gary's barn.



Fortunately I had leftovers for dinner.  I cut up some ham into pieces, mixed them with the scalloped potatoes, added peas, milk and more cheddar cheese.
Went out for evening chores around 6:15.













Night all.



 

4 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

Terra said...

That painting of Berlin is now a family treasure and a generous gift by a talented artist.

Nancy J said...

Berlin, what a beautiful painting, and Seamus, he will never get left behind.

Sandra said...

Such a lovely gift!