Followers

Friday, September 25, 2020

Post #7011 The Rebel






After chores I raked the indoor .....
as Jenny and Scott were coming up to ride The Rebel.




Around 11 we brought him into the grooming room 
to get him brushed and tacked up.
Scott wanted to get on a horse, so this was his first opportunity in many decades.

Jenny was first.


She rode him inside and out.  He was a perfect gentleman.
I think he preferred a regular bridle to the English hackamore.








Jenny has not ridden much for a very long time and I hope she will
get back into it so between us we can get Rebel back in shape.
When she was finished Scott got on.
He was very relaxed and Rebel was great.



We untacked and brushed Rebel then looked around for some spots where Finn
could have his Senior pictures taken tomorrow.



I gave Jenny a to go basket with homemade dill pickles, cauliflower soup and some tomatoes.

Back in the house for lunch and relaxed much of the afternoon.


I had picked a couple eggplants for Jenny and grabbed one for us for dinner.
Before chores I sauteed some onions and peppers, then added fresh tomatoes, parsley and basil.
Cooked that down for awhile and added some meatballs.





While I tucked the ponies in, Gary grilled the sliced eggplant.





When I got back in the house I put shredded mozzarella cheese in between two pieces
and it went back on the grill to melt.
Topped it with the tomato sauce, added the meatballs
and served it with a salad.
It was sort of like deconstructed eggplant lasagna and so delicious.
Night all.





3 comments:

Nancy J said...

I can see Rebel doing dressage, such lovely leg movement, and he looked great with Jenny . Yummy dinner as always, having your own veges is the best.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Jenny looked great on Rebel. Glad Scott got to ride too. Rebel is a wonderful horse. I’m sure he’s loving being with you.

Val Ewing said...

How fun! I bet Rebel loved the attention and riding!