Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2020

It Was A Hay Day



The temperature was in the 40s this morning, but the sun was brilliant.  
We had some good light on the back porch.

At 9:15 James showed up with his hay wagon.




The horses were curious.
We had so much help (for a change), 150 bales were stacked in about 25 minutes.


James took over the fields Ted S. (he retired) used to cut and I could not be more impressed.  Everything he grows is organic and in a couple years, even the hay will be certified.
Karen and I both need a lot more, and hopefully he can get it for us.  
This is truly the best I've gotten in the past 40 years.
Of course Finn and Coop were thrilled.


Scott even showed up.
Fortunately I just dragged bales and they stacked them.  Then I had the pleasure of sweeping.



Jenny climbed up to the third level, which was full of bird crapola.
Wham! Bam!  We were done in a heart beat.

The fall crocuses are now in full bloom.


The pups and I went over to the garden to pick more veggies, and there was Sidney, snoozing.
It did warm up to the high 70s.
Once again, there were a lot of strawberries.
....and more pink posies.

Today's bounty....


Judy stopped up for more veggies and we each picked a bowl of strawberries and raspberries.

After bombing out on getting a camera, I knuckled under and drove over to
Albion as they had one in stock.  I upgraded a little and this time I got
a Canon (point and shoot) Elph 190IS.  I go through cameras like crazy because 
I take at least 50-60 photos every single day.  Today, many more.
The photo below was my first with the new one.
I'm going to try very hard to keep it in a protective case which I can wear around my neck.
Of course I had to mess around more when it was time for evening chores.




Last night the quartet gave Karen some gas when it was time to go in and tonight they were the same.
I took their masks off and they kept running back and forth to the pasture.






Berlin let me catch her so she went in first.


I was back in the house by 7:15 and picked more tomatoes that are next to the back porch.
Pancakes with real maple syrup for dinner.  They tasted so good!
Night all.





1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Maple Syrup, the real deal, with a taste that tells you it is the best, we can sometimes get it down here, but more often not true to the label. And the garden goodies keep on coming, one year we did have strawberries from November to May , so from the start of spring to the beginning of autumn. Great to have a camera without a limit to the snapshot size.I like Canon, I hAve 2, Hugh has 3!!!