Followers

Monday, February 24, 2020

Minestrone...

One beautiful day.
50 degrees +.




 No red coats today.









 A lot more snow has melted since this morning.

 I decided to make a big pot of Minestrone soup
after chores.  Nancy served it to us at our last rehearsal
and it was so delicious I was motivated.
Started out with celery, onions and carrots.
While that was going on,  I put some chicken stock (Better than Boullion)
and a (frozen) bag of our home made sauce in a big pot.
Let those flavors blend together, then I added cannellini beans,
green beans, black beans, diced potatoes and corn.
In the meantime, made whatever pasta I could find
and drained it.
 Threw in some spinach
 and added the cooked pasta.
Salt and pepper to taste.
 The kitchen smelled divine.
 At 3 I had a much needed massage and stopped at Wegmans on the way home.
Yey!!!!! Karen was back so I did not have to do evening chores.






 Dinner was delicious.
 Night all.

No comments: