Followers

Thursday, November 29, 2018

65%

Well, I had no trouble sleeping last night and this morning (with the assistance of my beautiful cane) I went out to the barn to do chores with Gary.  Yesterday's rest and sitting on a heating pad really made a difference!
I still can't lift water buckets or push a wheel barrow but had no trouble feeding and cleaning stalls.  On the mend............................

 My assistant persisted, and you know where Phoebe is.



 I decided to make a crockpot dinner and started by sautéing some onions and Polish sausage.  Once that was browned it was placed in a crock pot with sauerkraut.  I added a splash of cider vinegar and a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar along with celery salt and pepper.  Around 4 I threw in a can of mushroom soup and some sour cream and let it go for another hour on low.  In the meantime I made some wide noodles and added them to the mix.  Stirred everything together and that was that.  15 minutes later we ate.
 Gary has eaten all of the applesauce, so I made another batch.
 He spent a lot of hours painting today.
One section at a time.
 Our dining room table is now jammed with a lot of crapola that I plan to sort through.
Time to get rid of a LOT of STUFF!!!!!


 Last night Gary went to the Writer's Forum (I just couldn't do it) as Anne Panning was the presenting.  Remember that name?  I taught contour line during to two of her fiction writing classes awhile ago.  She has written another book and Gary picked up a copy for me....signed with the sweetest comment.  Thank you Anne.
He really enjoyed the evening and I am sorry I missed it.














Anyway, we had a very monochromatic dinner and it was delicious!



That's it for now.
Night all.


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I've had a sciatica problem going on now for about 7 weeks, and although it's getting better its no fun. Love how your assistant never leaves you.

Val Ewing said...

Okay ... I should try and make something like your crockpot dinner, I know this is right up my husband's favorite food alley. Yum!
And I am so glad that you are doing a bit better!