Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Nine Eleven


17 years later...so many reminders of that day were on social media.
 It was a little warmer and very grey.







 Before class I took Little Wonder and Phoebe down 
to their favorite groomer, Sherri G.
I got back to the farm just in time for class.







 That butterfly was back....the same one that Donna photographed last week.

 I picked up the pups at 2 and they both looked great.


 I intended to make sloppy Joes for dinner but was missing an ingredient
so instead, I made a meat sauce...


 and we had spags for dinner.
 At 6:15 I was down at the Capen Hose Museum for a 9/11 ceremony.








 A local artist, Richard Kron, created this bronze sculpture.







 The service really made me think back to that day.
We all remember exactly what we were doing, and it was unbelievable
to watch it unfolding on television.

Our Town Board meeting started a half an hour late and it 
was not as long as the last few.  
 Home by 8:15.
Night all.



4 comments:

Nancy J said...

A moving ceremony, as each man rings the bell. Down here, we do not forget either. Our Japanese student who came to live with us for a year in 2002, her Mum was in the Towers the day before.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The memorials are always emotional. We’ll all remember where we were when it happened. My husband and daughter were there the day before for a meeting, I’m so grateful they weren’t there that day.

The pups look very clean. I hope they stay that way with this rainy weather! Great picture of the butterfly.

Val Ewing said...

I didn't have TV then and listened to it unfold on the radio. Yes, I recall the announcer asking someone if this was 'for real' and then the shock of his voice saying OMG, it is real. The day was surreal and no one really worked, they watched it or listened to events unfold.
I doubt I could ever forget that day.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, thank you for the video that featured the bagpiping. Its eerie tone took me back to that day. The sculpture is a deserving tribute to those first responders on 9/11. Last night on the news, Lester Holt announced that soon there will be more responders dead from breathing in the ash and asbestos than those who died that day. Tragedy. Peace.