Followers

Saturday, September 8, 2018

My First Ride on Rebel....

All kinds of activity this morning.
Karen worked on Maggie and we eventually tacked up Rebel.





 It was so cool I had to wear a long sleeved shirt and a sweatshirt...
 I loved it!
Little Wonder thought it was pretty windy.

                                   
While Karen finished up with Maggie, I dragged the indoor and then brought Rebel in the grooming room (his first time).  Until now, I was grooming him in his stall each morning.  He made some noise, wondering where the girls were, but was very well behaved.  My saddle and bridle fit him perfectly!
 When we got to the indoor I walked him around for awhile, then Karen got on him.



I only rode him for about 20 minutes and could not have asked for more.  He was even fine on the buckle.  So lucky to have him here.
We were finished by 10am.





 I got cleaned up and went down to the Peddlers Market at the Morgan Manning House.
There were 40 vendors this year and a steady stream of people.
Everyone was thrilled to have cooler temperatures.....at last.

 Carina was there with the kids.


 Mary (my partner in crime) had Nori out for a walk.  My first opportunity to meet her.
 What a sweet girl.

 Of course Topper was there taking pictures of me taking pictures of him.
(he just sent me this photo)
And Jenny was there for awhile.


Today was Cooper's 13th birthday. 
The pups and I stopped down at the house to drop off a present.
He and his pals (party) were in a nearby park playing baseball.

 Gary worked on our front porch all day.  He started off scraping the ceiling and ended up making repairs on the roof.
We ate dinner before I went out to do chores.
Grilled chicken, grilled corn and coleslaw made with green cabbage from our garden.

 Tonight Maggie was walking so much better.







 Night all.




4 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm glad that your first ride on Rebel went well! And I'm glad that you enjoyed the rest of your day too. It is good to have some cooler weather. I for one, am also glad to have a break, it has been brutal!

thecrazysheeplady said...

:-D

Nancy J said...

We are having cold mornings, then warmer days. Rebel, he is such a darling, and fits in as though he has been there always. So much so,like our ginger boy Basil, who seemed to be at home from the first minute. Enjoy your days with Rebel,and Happy Birthday from way down south, Cooper. Into the teens, you are a real cool dude!!! ( is that what the saying is these days?)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Rebel is a dream! So glad your first ride went well. Happy Birthday Cooper! A teenager now, how time flies.
Looks like a nice day out too, so glad our temps are cooler.