Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Rebel and the Geezers Made My Day







 Between last night and this morning I got everything set for Rebel.
His stall, the run-in and a nice clean leather halter and lead line.
Once that was done, I mowed the lawn until I ran out of gas.
 My friend Mary arrived a little after 10:30 with her truck and trailer,
so we could go pick up Rebel.
When we got to Forrestel he was in a stall waiting for us.
Kat, who manages the farm/horses is absolutely outstanding.
 He loaded well.  Mary's trailer was perfect.

 When we got back to the farm I put him in the run-in by the grooming room so
he could see the other horses and have access to a big pasture.
 There was a little activity when Angel and Maggie and Angel approached.
In the photo above, Berlin met him and they were nice and quiet.
 As it turned out, there was an awful lot going on today....
just when a new horse arrived.
Jen planned a birthday dinner for Finn at 5 and Karen was kind enough to come up early to make sure everything was going well.  It was extremely hot and the black flies were out, so I put Rebel and Berlin in their stalls before I left.
 Jenny and Scott made an outstanding dinner at Finn's request.
Asagio Chicken with mushrooms.  Delicious!

An ice cream birthday cake.  So good.
 It's hard to believe he is fifteen years old!

 I drove back to the farm to check on the horses again before going to 
Summer Serenades.
Karen was just feeding.  Rebel seemed to like his dinner and I gave him more hay.


 I got down to St. Lukes a little before 7, as rain was expected and the venue had to be changed.  There was a big crowd and the seating was perfect.
Love "The Geezers." 
The acoustics were great!





I got back to the farm at 8:30 and went out to see how Rebel was doing.
It was apples all around.  Finally it started to cool down....
the humidity has been outrageous.
All the horses were settled in for the night.
I can spend all of tomorrow introducing Rebel to the rest of the property and maybe he can even have a little time with Berlin.
Night all.


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Everything looks like it went peacefully. He seems so calm. Happy Birthday to Finn! They get so big so fast.

Nancy J said...

What a grand day, and the music, John Denver, one of my favourites, .Hope tomorrow is as good as it should be for you all.