Followers

Friday, August 24, 2018

Improvement....

Yesterday I washed some of my saddle pads and set them out on the 
porch railing to dry.  They greeted me when the pups and I went out to do chores. 



 Today Berlin seemed to want to be with the girls instead of Rebel.
She stood by the door separating them most of the day.


 After chores I grabbed some onions out of Gary's barn...
 and made a batch of sauce.
It's going to be awhile before more tomatoes are ripe enough to make another.
 At 5 I gave up and put Berlin with Maggie and Angel.
She seemed much happier.

 Rebel was not.



 He kept looking at his girls.

 When Karen arrived for evening chores we put them all together
until it was time for them to get tucked in.
Rebel did not have the need to be next to the girls....he 
just wanted to be in the same pasture.




I'm very proud of this boy!
Today I cleaned my English hackamore and a bridle.
It's time to ride.


 When it was time for them to eat, he was waiting in the other barn
next to his stall gate.
 Gary and I decided to go down to the Clarkson Good Neighbor Days to
listen to a band that we have not heard in decades.  The weather was perfect.
Josey Waverly has been singing as long as I can remember
We had not heard her in decades and she sounded great!
 Jerry U. (Clarkson Town Supervisor) and his wife Cynthia, were there.
They, along with many volunteers, helped make this an outstanding event.
 For the past couple of weeks they have been promoting acts of kindness.
All kinds of kids made bracelets and wrote on them....what was their act of kindness?
 As you can see, they were hung around the canopy.




It sure is getting dark early!
We got back to the farm a little after 8:30 and it was pitch black.
Night all.


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Looks like they’re all figuring it out and will be just fine together. He’s a sweet boy. We have the same herd dynamic here only reversed. Rosie is the only girl with three boys. They’re all fine together.

The Dancing Donkey said...

I'm so glad things are working out so well for you and Rebel!